I have been going to the gym a Long as I remember and it has been very interesting experience . I was counting it has been eleven years . I went to Bangalore and did gym for 20 minutes as I thought it was sufficient indeed. Little would I know that people would be snigger behind my back saying things like " gymmimg for 20 minutes - why bother?". I have been never thing, lean or slim. This is from the childhood till date. There is also an interesting phenomenon that everyone seems to think that I was thin back then. Which I assure you I never was!!
Anyway the so called "gym" were good places with good trainers - they had so called " scientific" way to make us work out. I changed gyms - I tried all fancy machines and gadgets - they must have worked as I was slimmer than pumpkin but perhaps never thin, lean or slim.
Not to forget I met dietitians , read all the books , bought them and also read them online. Knew what not to eat , when not to eat, what to give up and so on.
I have spent more time sometimes one way travelling to the gym than I have done in gym itself. I know all forms and all shape of exercises that are there to know. I have done aerobics, kick boxing circuit training , walking, jogging and dieting !
I know at 45 years you cannot expect the moon but I still did!
Yoga was another thing - I did in bits and parts - sometimes to help my asthma - sometimes just like that. I truly believed Yoga makes you fat and flexible. I was not too inclined to be flexible and the " fat" battle was there to fight anyway.
I went for a course form my organisation for 12 days - there they introduced Yoga as an optional thing for us. I went there to give Yoga a last chance and I was smitten!! I am still continuing and I feel fitter - now I do it at home without alarms , machines no need to drive and dress up in trendy gym clothes.
I don't know if there is any weight loss or not but I feel rejuvenated !! and I have not been to Gym
Anyway the so called "gym" were good places with good trainers - they had so called " scientific" way to make us work out. I changed gyms - I tried all fancy machines and gadgets - they must have worked as I was slimmer than pumpkin but perhaps never thin, lean or slim.
Not to forget I met dietitians , read all the books , bought them and also read them online. Knew what not to eat , when not to eat, what to give up and so on.
I have spent more time sometimes one way travelling to the gym than I have done in gym itself. I know all forms and all shape of exercises that are there to know. I have done aerobics, kick boxing circuit training , walking, jogging and dieting !
I know at 45 years you cannot expect the moon but I still did!
Yoga was another thing - I did in bits and parts - sometimes to help my asthma - sometimes just like that. I truly believed Yoga makes you fat and flexible. I was not too inclined to be flexible and the " fat" battle was there to fight anyway.
I went for a course form my organisation for 12 days - there they introduced Yoga as an optional thing for us. I went there to give Yoga a last chance and I was smitten!! I am still continuing and I feel fitter - now I do it at home without alarms , machines no need to drive and dress up in trendy gym clothes.
I don't know if there is any weight loss or not but I feel rejuvenated !! and I have not been to Gym
No comments:
Post a Comment