I am not sure what a feeling that what you went ahead to be completed or accomplished has been achieved . Perhaps it is called Mojo perhaps it is not - that is not the point. Have you ever run a race with all your heart and then won it. There was a feeling of elation and joy that you expected to experience and it never comes. The feeling that sometimes you are left with is that what it was ! I fine it truly amazing that mirage that was supposed to be there at heaven – never really is there even if your each horizon. I am not sure that it happens with me or everyone else. I think wow – it will be heaven when I become CEO and the day I become it is so drab – I am not sure there is no success – of course it is there – is the happiness equal to what we imagine that we will get once we are there ? for me it happened but is momentary and short lived. The point is “ are things worth striving so hard for – that we always do” – and why we do it – because perhaps we think there is immense happiness waiting for us there - is it there ?
Things that can be considered worth striving for, are the ones, that would make you feel successful at the end of having achieved what you were working towards! There is no long term happiness associated with most achievements since we as human beings have an ever changing and never ending need to achieve more and more based on our beliefs, based on what we consider as significant because others have and we do not yet, based on what we feel would make us feel much more "Happy" if we can achieve "that" and so on, the list and its possible combinations are never ending, because it is once again our own creation and hence there is no acceptable right/wrong or limit/end associated with that list!
ReplyDeleteI know - that is the reality !!
ReplyDelete