Out of Mumbai

Out of Mumbai

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ooof learning

How difficult is to learn and evolve - it is more tough than anything that I know. Learning is not easy for me - it just goes on to make me feel inadequate - painful so much so - that I have to run away sometimes. I am going to a Harvard course and I have so much pre reading to do - it is interesting but tough. I am also trying my hand at Sudoku - I saw so many people playing all around me - I wanted to always but could not bring myself to ask anyone - they all asked me - hey don't you know it or what is there to learn but I knew I don't know it and I have to make a lot of effort to learn it. Then I decided that enough is enough I need to learn
This is not taking me anywhere indeed
I mustered enough courage and went ahead to a person who I was sure that will not make fun of me if I asked this - then I asked him to teach me Suduko and he did . What a relief it was that I could know what it was all about. I had so much inertia about going about asking . Now comes the part of learning I am clocking thirty minutes and that too after checking and making few guess works along the way . I never seem to be able to do it well. - Thirty minutes for an easy sudoku - well that is rather hilarious ? but I need to go on . I read in a book called the talent code about importance of repeatability and practice - who knows one day I may become the best in it. I still feel bad that it does not come to me naturally.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Namrata, sure you will become one. This makes me remember the Marathon story.

    ReplyDelete