I have heard this so many times – okay let me be more authentic that I have done it so many times – when someone is talking to me I have cut them short – I have asked them
· Please get to the point
· I know what you are talking about
· I understand
· I know where you are coming from
· Have already formed an opinion about the person who is talking before he talks
· Have categories people in various compartments and I already know how I am going to react when they talk to me
· I like them or don’t like them and it affects my reaction
· I agree or disagree before listening completely
Why do I think like that – how did I get like this ? I was a nice person and while pretending to listen to people – I was actually doing that – oh my God! Unbelievable!!!
I will get better – don’t worry – being aware is 50% work done and the rest I will need all the help and support – help me !!
Yes, listening skills is the one seniors managers need to develop while exhorting the juniors to talk, talk and talk - central to developing an innovative organisation. Most old organizations have it opposite in the traditional Indian way - Guru - Shisya.
ReplyDelete